At course completion
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Be familiar with the entire scope of the PRINCE2® method
- Understand the purpose and contents of the principles, themes, processes and management products and appreciate how these are to be applied in a project
- Understand how PRINCE2® can be tailored to suit different project requirements
- Expand your knowledge thanks to a range of exercises and practical case studies
- Obtain sample documentation that you can use in your own projects even after the course is over
- Pass Foundation exam having reviewed sample exam content and questions
This examination is a 60 multiple-choice questions, lasts 60 minutes. Passing score is 55%.
If you are a PMP® credential holder, this course gives you 21 PDUs.
Module 1: Introduction
- Overview of main concepts, such as what is a project, project management, PRINCE2®, PRINCE2® project, project context, maturity of management
Module 2: Principles
- PRINCE2® apply 7 descriptive principles that must adopted to remove most impacting impediments and to increase success rate for your projects
Module 3: Tailoring and embedding PRINCE2®
- PRINCE2® need to be adopted, then adapted to be the most efficient as possible and deliver high quality products
- Themes: PRINCE2® themes describe aspects of project management that must be addressed continually as the project progresses through its lifecycle.
Module 4 : Business Case (why?)
- Investment in projects and resources usage must be justified from the beginning to the end for all projects to create optimal value for the business. The project need to be and stay desirable, achievable and viable.
Module 5 : Organisation (who?)
- Well defined roles and responsibilities helps clear decision-making, delegation and controlling mechanisms
Module 6 : Quality (what?)
- Quality is one of the six aspects of performance for a project. It must be carefully defined, planned, and controlled in order to deliver a product that is fit for purpose.
Module 7 : Plans (how? when?)
- Analysing products and having a well defined mean to deliver them facilitates communication and control over your projects.
Module 8 : Risk (what if?)
- Events may happen during project having positive or negative impacts. Therefore, we have to identify, assess and control uncertainty and, as a result, improve the probability of prjects to succeed.
Module 9 : Change (what's the impact?)
- In order to deliver the best product, changes will be accepted as long as they create value. Change management assesses requests for change and controls any approved change.
Module 10 : Progress (where are we?)
- It is critical to know the current status of a project or a stage. Progress theme helps to monitor actual achievements against those planned, to control any deviations, and to provide forecasts for the project objectives.
- Processes: PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management. A process is a coordinated set of tasks carried out to deliver a predefined result.
Module 11 : Starting up a project
- Determine whether prerequisites for initiating a project are in place and if this project is viable and worthwhile.
Module 12 : Directing a project
- Enable Project Board to be accountable for the project’s success by making key decisions and exercising overall control.
Module 13 : Initiating a project
- Establish solid foundations for the project, enabling the organization to understand the work that needs to be done.
Module 14 : Controlling a stage
- Ensure that work is done according to plans.
Module 15 : Managing product delivery
- Produce and deliver accepted products as agreed with the Project Manager.
Module 16 : Managing stage boundary
- Prepare material for the Project Board to validate last stage, reassess the Business Case and authorize next stage.
Module 17 : Closing a project
- Confirm than the project’s product has been accepted, verify thah objectives are met and ensure that project has nothing more to contribute.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
Official publication "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®"
Cursus de certification
It is also a possible way to take the PRINCE2® Agile course. PRINCE2® Agile cleverly combines the PRINCE2® project management method with Agile product development.
These exercices listed here are indicative and may be completed with complementary labs depending on participamts' objectives and available time.
Lab 1: Create an outline Business Case
Lab 2: Determine who is the most suitable to fit PRINCE2® roles
Lab 3: Prepare a Project Product Description
Lab 4: Produce a Product Breakdown Structure, a Product Description and a Product Flow Diagram
Lab 5: Identify and manage some risks
Lab 6: 2 phases exercise: 1) Imagine 3 issues and give them to another team 2) Answer to received issues