This combined course (Foundation + Practitioner) allows participants to understand the PRINCE2® project management method and to demonstrate their ability to apply PRINCE2® and adapt it to the context of a project. through a case study.
The first part covers all the elements of PRINCE2®, their interrelationships and how to adapt PRINCE2® to the contexts of your projects. Participants will be able to simulate the application of PRINCE2® with hands-on case study exercises and will be prepared to take their PRINCE2® Foundation exam.
The second part reviews the how to adapt PRINCE2® to the context of a project and prepares participants to take their PRINCE2® Practitioner exam.
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
At course completion
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with all the elements of the PRINCE2® project management method
- Understand why and how to apply the principles, themes, processes and 26 management products (structured information) of PRINCE2®
- Understand how PRINCE2® can be adapted to different environments
- Extend their knowledge with practical exercises based on a case study
- Get templates of documents that can be used right after the course
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation exam after having prepared it well with dozens of standard questions
- Demonstrate their ability to adopt and adapt PRINCE2®
- Simulate the Practitioner Exam on the basis of a scenario
- Take the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam
This examination is a 60 multiple-choice questions, lasts 60 minutes. Passing score is 55%.
If you are a PMP® credential holder, this course gives you 21 PDUs.
The second part of this course prepares for the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam.
This exam consists of 75 multiple choice questions based on a scenario and its complements.
It lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes. The correct answer rate must be 55%. It is open book, only the official book is allowed.
If you hold the PMP® certificate, you will receive 7 PDUs.
Part 1: Foundation (3 days, exam included)
Module 1: Introduction
- Overview of key concepts, such as what is a project, project management, PRINCE2®, a PRINCE2® project, the context of a project, the maturity of project management.
Module 2: Principles
- PRINCE2® apply 7 principles that must be applied in order to reduce most important impediments and increase chance of success for your projects
Module 3: Tailoring and embedding PRINCE2®
- PRINCE2® need to be adopted, then adapted to be the most efficient as possible and deliver high quality products
Module 4: Themes
PRINCE2® themes describe the aspects of project management that must be addressed continuously as the project progresses through its lifecycle.
Lesson 1: Business Case (why?)
- Investment in projects and resources must be justified in order to create the best value for business. The project must be desirable and achievable and viable.
Lesson 2: Organization (who?)
- Well defined roles and responsibilities with clear decision-making, delegation and controlling mechanisms
Lesson 3: Quality (what?)
- Quality is one of the six aspects of performance for a project. It must be carefully defined, planned, and controlled in order to deliver a product that is fit for purpose.
Lesson 4: Plans (how? When?)
- Define and correctly analyse project product and its components, along with the best mean to deliver them, facilite communication, and control your project to keep it align with your plans.
Lesson 5: Risk (what if?)
- Events may occur during the project with positive or negative impacts. Therefore, we have to identify, assess and control uncertainty and, as a result, improve the probability of prjects to succeed.
Lesson 6: Change (what's the impact?)
- In order to deliver the best product, changes will be accepted as long as they create value.
Lesson 7: Progress (where are we?)
- It is critical to know the current status of a project or a stage. Progress theme helps to monitor the progress of projects, to control any deviations, and to provide forecasts for the project objectives.
Module 5: Processes
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management. A process is a set of tasks carried out to deliver a predefined result.
Lesson 1: Starting up a project
- Determines whether prerequisites for initiating a project are in place and if this project is viable and worthwhile.
Lesson 2: Directing a project
- Enable Project Board to be accountable for the project by making key decisions and exercising overall control.
Lesson 3: Initiating a project
- Establish solid foundations for the project, enabling the organization to understand the work that needs to be done.
Lesson 4: Controlling a stage
- Ensure that work is done according to plans.
Lesson 5: Managing product delivery
- Produce and deliver accepted products as agreed with the Project Manager.
Lesson 6: Managing stage boundary
- Prepare material for the Project Board to validate last stage, reassess the Business Case, and authorize next stage.
Lesson 7: Closing a project
- Confirm that the project is product, verify thah objectives are met and ensure that project has nothing more to contribute.
Module 6: Exam preparation
- PRINCE2® Foundation examination
Part 2: Practitioner (1.5 days, exam included)
Module 1: High level review
- Review the 4 integrated elements and the 26 management products
Module 2: Tailoring PRINCE2 (reminders)
- Review some typical projects' context and review what could be tailored and how it could be
Module 3: PRINCE2 review and questions
- Discover types of questions and get some tips and tricks
- Review the 7 themes and 7 processes and answer (and analyse) questions from mock exam
- PRINCE2® Practitioner examination
Official publication "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®"
Printed slides to review and take notes
Cursus de certification
It also provides access to the PRINCE2® Agile course. PRINCE2® Agile skilfully combines the PRINCE2® project management method with the Agile approach to product development.
Part 1 : Foundation
Lab 1: Create an outline Business Case
Lab 2: Determine who is the most suitable people to be allocated to PRINCE2® roles
Lab 3: Prepare a Project Product Description
Lab 4: Produce a Product Breakdown Structure, a Product Description, and a Product Flow Diagram
Lab 5: Identify and manage some risks
Lab 6: 2 phases exercise: 1) Imagine 3 issues and give them to another team 2) Answer to received issues
Part 2 : Practitioner
Lab 1: List and position themes, processes and management products
Lab 2: Answer and analyse questions from a mock exam