Module 1: Overview of Windows 10
This module describes the Windows 10 operating system. It describes the new features in Windows 10, and the important changes since Windows 8.1. It describes the use, navigation, and customization of the enhanced Windows 10 user interface. Additionally, this module describes the Windows 10 features that make it beneficial for organizations of different sizes.
- Lesson 1: Introducing Windows 10
- Lesson 2: Navigating the Windows 10 User Interface
Module 2: Managing Storage
This module provides an overview of storage options, including hard disks, server-based storage, and virtual hard disks. It describes network storage options, including network-attached storage (NAS) and storage area networks (SANs), and cloud-based storage options, such as OneDrive and Microsoft Azure Storage. Additionally, this module describes the management and maintenance of disks, partitions, and volumes, and the configuration and use of the Storage Spaces feature.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Storage Options
- Lesson 2: Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Lesson 3: Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Lesson 4: Managing Storage Spaces
Module 3: Managing Files and Printers
This module provides an overview of the file systems that Windows 10 supports. It explains how to configure file permissions, the effect of file permissions, how explicit and inherited permissions work, and how to include user and device claims in access permissions. This module also explains how to share folders, the tools that you can use to share folders, and the effective permissions when a user tries to access data in a shared folder that is protected by file permissions. Additionally, this module explains how to create and use Work Folders. The last lesson in this module describes how to add and share a printer, and how to manage client and server-side printing.
- Lesson 1: Overview of File Systems
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Managing File Access
- Lesson 3: Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Lesson 4: Work Folders
- Lesson 5: Managing Printers
Module 4: Managing Apps in Windows 10
This module describes how to install and configure desktop apps and Windows Store apps in Windows 10. It explains how to install apps manually and automatically, and how to use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune to deploy apps. Additionally, it describes the Windows Store and the way in which you can manage access to it. Lastly, this module describes the Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge browsers, and explains how to configure and manage both browsers.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Providing Apps to Users
- Lesson 2: The Windows Store
- Lesson 3: Web Browsers
Module 5: Troubleshooting and Recovery
This module describes device drivers, and how to use the Device Manager to view, configure, update, and roll back device drivers. It explains file-recovery methods in Windows 10, such as Backup and Restore, File History, and Previous Versions. This module also explains features such as System Restore, Startup Recovery, and System Image Recovery, and describes how to use restore points to roll back device configuration.
- Lesson 1: Managing Devices and Drivers
- Lesson 2: Recovering Files
- Lesson 3: Recovering Devices
Module 6: Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
This module explains the various deployment scenarios for Windows 10 and the considerations to keep in mind while performing these deployments. It explains how to deploy Windows 10 by using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK) and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). This module also explains how to maintain Windows 10 by using DISM and Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD). Additionally, it explains the different types of volume activation technologies and tools to manage activation.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment
- Lesson 2: Customizing Enterprise Desktop Deployments
- Lesson 3: Deploying Windows 10 by Using MDT
- Lesson 4: Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation
- Lesson 5: Volume License Activation for Windows 10
Module 7: Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
This module explains how to manage user profiles and user state using tools such as the User State Migration Tool (USMT) and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V).
- Lesson 1: Managing User Profiles and User State
- Lesson 2: Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
- Lesson 3: Configuring UE-V
- Lesson 4: Managing User State Migration
Module 8: Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
This module explains how to manage Group Policy inheritance, administrative templates, and common enterprise desktop settings. This module also explains how to apply Group Policy Preferences using targeting and filtering.
- Lesson 1: Managing Group Policy Objects
- Lesson 2: Configuring Enterprise Desktops by Using Group Policy
- Lesson 3: Overview of Group Policy Preferences
Module 9: Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
This module explains the concept of identity and explains the methods to enhance identity security. This module also explains cloud identities and the use of Azure Active Directory in enterprise organizations.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Enterprise Identity
- Lesson 2: Planning for Cloud Identity Integration
Module 10: Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
This module explains how to provide secure access to company data. Solutions discussed include Device Registration (previous known as Workplace Join) and Work Folders. This module also explains how to configure and share data stored in Microsoft OneDrive.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Data Access Solutions
- Lesson 2: Implementing Device Registration
- Lesson 3: Implementing Work Folders
- Lesson 4: Managing Online Data Using Cloud-Based Storage Solutions
Module 11: Managing Remote Access Solutions
This module explains how to configure a virtual private network (VPN) and DirectAccess in Windows 10. This module also explains how to configure RemoteApp.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Remote Access Solutions
- Lesson 2: Supporting DirectAccess with Windows 10
- Lesson 3: Configuring VPN Access to Remote Networks
- Lesson 4: Supporting RemoteApp
Module 12: Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
This module explains how to create virtual switches, virtual hard disks, and virtual machines by using Client Hyper-V.
- Lesson 1: Installing and Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Lesson 2: Configuring Virtual Switches
- Lesson 3: Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Lesson 4: Creating and Managing Virtual Machines