These tools are variously Wizards, Dialog Boxes, Forms, Web Pages Designers and so forth. In this course we utilize the built in tools and do not write a single line of code!
At course completion
Please refer to the content
This module explains how the class will be structured and introduces course materials and additional administrative information.
- Lesson 1: What does NO Code mean?
- Lesson 2: How to get the most out of this course
- Lesson 3: The course setup
- Lesson 4: What is not covered?
Module 2: Data Visualizations
This module explains concepts of data visualizations.
- Lesson 1: Data Visualization Fundamentals
- Lesson 2: The Microsoft Toolsets for Visualizations
Module 3: Dashboard Design Principles
This module is an introduction to successful design principles for Dashboard design.
- Lesson 1: Successful dashboards
- Lesson 2: Quantitative relationships
- Lesson 3: Summary numbers
- Lesson 4: Tables or graphs?
- Lesson 5: Types of graphs
- Lesson 6: Key performance indicators
- Lesson 7: Dashboard taxonomies
- Lesson 8: Pitfalls in dashboard design
Module 4: Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
This module covers the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack including SQL 2012, Extract-Transform-Load, Reporting Services, Tabular Data, Analysis Services and SharePoint 2013.
- Lesson 1: Microsoft Business Intelligence Overview
- Lesson 2: Business Intelligence in three ways
- Lesson 3: SQL Integration Services ETL
- Lesson 4: Reporting Services
- Lesson 5: Master Data Services
- Lesson 6: Data Quality Services
- Lesson 7: SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence
Module 5: Report Builder 3.0
This module explains Report Builder 3.0 wizards, basics of report design, intermediate reports with report parameters and report expressions, report visualizations including graphs, charts, images, and gauges, advanced reporting including the utilization of maps, interactive reports, Report Parts and sub-reports.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Report Builder 3.0
- Lesson 2: Report Builder 3.0 Wizards
- Lesson 3: Report Builder 3.0 Graphics
- Lesson 4: Intermediate Reports
Module 6: PowerPivot and PowerView
In this module, we will explore PowerPivot and its analytical capabilities. PowerPivot is a data analysis add-on for Microsoft Excel that allows large amounts of data to be collected, aggregated, and analyzed in one workbook. Sounds powerful? It is! We’ll cover everything you need to know to get you up, running, and analyzing.
- Lesson 1: PowerPivot
- Lesson 2: DAX
- Lesson 3: PowerView
Module 7: SharePoint 2014 Excel Services
In this module, we will go over all the new 2013 Excel Services features, and we will explore the core components of Excel Services. We will cover Excel Web Access and its capabilities along with any differences you may encounter in the browser as opposed to the desktop client. There is coverage of the Power View add-in for Excel, and then lastly we will explain the save and share process and have a look at best practices.
- Lesson 1: New 2013 Excel Services Features
- Lesson 2: Core Components
- Lesson 3: Excel Web Access (EWA)
- Lesson 4: What Excel Web Access is Not
- Lesson 5: Differences in the Browser vs. Desktop
- Lesson 6: SharePoint Libraries to Store Workbooks
- Lesson 7: Power View Add-in for Excel
- Lesson 8: The Save and Share Process
- Lesson 9: Excel Web App
- Lesson 10: Best Practices
Module 8: SharePoint 2013 PerformancePoint Services
In this module, we will give you an overview of the new 2013 PerformancePoint Services features. Dashboard Designer is explored along with many of the objects and connections available within.
- Lesson 1: New 2013 Overview of PerformancePoint Services
- Lesson 2: Dashboard Designer
- Lesson 3: Data Sources
- Lesson 4: Indicators
- Lesson 5: KPIs
- Lesson 6: Visual Reports
- Lesson 7: Filters
- Lesson 8: Scorecards
- Lesson 9: Dashboards
Cursus de certification
Lab 2: Data Visualizations
Lab 3: Group Review of Design Problems
Lab 4: Tour of the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
Lab 5: Report Builder 3.0
Lab 6: PowerPivot and PowerView
Lab 7: SharePoint 2013 Excel Services
Lab 8: PerformancePoint 2013