At course completion
- Understand and work with SharePoint Lists
- Understand and work with List Management tasks
- Understand and work with Permissions and basic SharePoint Foundation sites
- Understand and work with My Sites, Newsfeeds and Search queries
A simple introduction module.
Module 2: SharePoint Introduction
In this module, we are going to answer the all-important questions of What and Why should we be using SharePoint.
We are also going to look at several of the new and exciting features of SharePoint 2013.
- Lesson 1: What is SharePoint?
- Lesson 2: Why SharePoint?
- Lesson 3: What’s New in SharePoint 2013
- Lesson 4: Driving End User Adoption
In this module we take a look at the site creation process, common features of the basic team site,
advanced features of a Team Site and the new features of SharePoint 2013. We will also take a look
at the new features introduced in SharePoint 2013 from a collaboration and UI perspective.
- Lesson 1: Site Structure
- Lesson 2: Basic SharePoint Features
- Lesson 3: New SharePoint Features
In this module, we are going to take a look at lists from an end user standpoint, but also very quickly
from a database standpoint as well. We will talk about all the basic SharePoint Lists and the new lists
in SharePoint 2013 and what things have changed when working with any type of list.
- Lesson 1: Lists
- Lesson 2: List Views
- Lesson 3: SharePoint 2013 Features
We explored the types of lists that come out of the box in the last module. In this module, we will
explore how to manage those lists.
- Lesson 1: Basic List Management
- Lesson 2: Advanced List Management
In this module we take a look at SharePoint permissions. We will learn about SharePoint groups,
permission levels, permissions and explore the new Permission Finders.
- Lesson 1: SharePoint Permissions
In this module we are going to review the SharePoint Foundation site definitions.
- Lesson 1: Creating Sites
- Lesson 2: SharePoint Foundation Sites
In this module we are going to take a look at how SharePoint and Office interact with each other
and how they handle mobile devices.
- Lesson 1: Web Applications
- Lesson 2: Office Integration
In this module we will review the new Social Computing features in SharePoint 2013 and how My Sites
has been completely redesigned to support social.
- Lesson 1: My Site
- Lesson 2: What Is Social Computing
In this module you will learn how to effectively query the Search Index to find items you are looking for.
- Lesson 1: Performing Queries
- Lab 1: SharePoint 2013 UI
- Lab 2: Document Library
- Lab 3: Form Library
- Lab 4: Wiki Pages
- Lab 5: Picture Library
- Lab 6: Report Library
- Lab 7: Data Connection Library
- Lab 8: Asset Library
- Lab 9: Surveys
- Lab 10: Custom Lists
- Lab 11: General Lists
- Lab 12: Promoted Links
- Lab 13: Views
- Lab 14: Business Connectivity Services and External Content Types
- Lab 15: GeoLocation Field
- Lab 16: List Management
- Lab 17: Advanced List Management
- Lab 18: Email Enabled Lists
- Lab 19: Alerts
- Lab 20: SharePoint Permissions
- Lab 21: SharePoint Foundation Definitions
- Lab 22: New SharePoint Sites
- Lab 23: Office Integration
- Lab 24: Office Web Applications
- Lab 25: Access Services
- Lab 26: Visio Services
- Lab 27: Site Mailboxes
- Lab 28: My Tasks
- Lab 29: Site Notebook
- Lab 30: Information Rights Management
- Lab 31: Machine Translation
- Lab 32: My Site
- Lab 33: Performing Search Queries