- Knowledge of TCP / IP networks
- Domain Name System service understanding (DNS)
- Knowledge of Active Directory principles
- Understanding the fundamentals of public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Understanding Cloud concepts
- Fundamentals of Windows Server 2012 R2, including Remote Access Services
- Experience with Windows 10
- Familiarity with Windows PowerShell
- Basic knowledge of mobile platforms
At course completion
- Use devices in the enterprise environment
- Describe AD DS features for device management
- Implement and administer Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Connect AD DS with Azure AD
- Plan and implement app support
- Manage devices in Microsoft Office 365
- Plan and implement Intune
- Use Intune to manage devices
- Use Intune to manage applications and Resource Access
- Plan and implement Microsoft Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS)
- Plan and implement Remote Access
- Plan and protect data
- Recover data and operating systems
This course prepares exam certification 70-398: Planning for and Managing Devices in the Enterprise
Module 1: Using devices in the enterprise environment
This is an overview module that introduces changes and challenges in today's typical workplace, and the solutions to address them. The intention of this module is to set the stage for later modules, and to introduce the Enterprise Mobility Suite.
- Lesson 1: Overview of devices in an enterprise
- Lesson 2: Device management features
- Lesson 3: Overview of the EMS
Module 2: Implementing and administering Azure AD
In this module students will learn how to manage devices in an on-premises Active Directory environment. They will learn about cloud identity, and the features that Azure AD provides. They also will learn about Azure AD offerings, how to create and manage an Azure AD tenant, and how claims-based authentication works.
- Lesson 1: Overview of AD DS
- Lesson 2: Overview of Azure AD
- Lesson 3: Creating and managing Azure AD
- Lesson 4: Managing authentication in Azure AD
Module 3: Connecting AD DS with Azure AD
In this module students will learn how to connect their on-premises AD DS with Azure AD. They will learn about Azure AD Connect, and how either to synchronize entire identities to Azure AD, including password hashes, or to establish federation with Azure AD.
- Lesson 1: Preparing AD DS for directory synchronization
- Lesson 2: Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Lesson 3: Planning and implementing federation
Module 4: Managing devices in Office 365
In this module students will learn about Office 365 and its main features. The focus of this module is on device management by using mobile device management for Office 365.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Office 365
- Lesson 2: MDM for Office 365
Module 5: Planning and implementing Microsoft Intune
In this module students will learn how to plan for Microsoft Intune, how to deploy an Intune client, and how to perform basic Intune administration.
- Lesson 1: Planning for Intune
- Lesson 2: Deploying Intune clients
- Lesson 3: Basic Intune administration
Module 6: Managing devices by using Intune
In this module students will learn how to enroll and manage mobile devices with Intune, create, manage and deploy different types of Intune policies, and manage updates and Windows Defender by using Microsoft Intune.
- Lesson 1: Working with Microsoft Intune policies
- Lesson 2: Mobile device management
- Lesson 3: Managing updates and Windows Defender
Module 7:Using Microsoft Intune to manage applications and resource access
In this module students will learn how to manage application deployments by using Microsoft Intune. They will also learn how to deploy settings, such as VPN profiles, Wi-Fi profiles and certificates to Intune clients.
- Lesson 1: Application lifecycle management
- Lesson 2: Application deployment process
- Lesson 3: Managing access to company resources
Module 8: Planning and implementing Azure RMS
In this module students will learn how to plan and implement Azure Rights Management to protect digital content. They also will learn which applications can integrate with Azure Rights Management, and how to use Azure Rights Management with Office 365 in an on-premises infrastructure.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Azure RMS
- Lesson 2: Implementing Azure RMS
Module 9: Planning and implementing app support
In this module students will learn how they can mitigate compatibility issues between applications on the same device, and between the application and the operating system. They also will learn about RemoteApp and Azure RemoteApp programs, which enable you to run Windows apps on any device with the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client.
- Lesson 1: Planning and implementing application compatibility options
- Lesson 2: Publishing and using RemoteApp programs
- Lesson 3: Publishing and using Azure RemoteApp
Module 10: Planning and implementing remote access
In this module students will learn how to provide remote access from devices to a company network. They also will learn how to provide access to company infrastructure servers, data in work folders, and data that is stored in the cloud.
- Lesson 1: Overview of remote access solutions
- Lesson 2: Implementing remote infrastructure access
- Lesson 3: Planning and implementing Work Folders
- Lesson 4: Implementing cloud data access
- Lesson 5: Planning and implementing mobility options
Module 11: Planning and implementing Dynamic Access Control and auditing
In this module students will learn how to implement Dynamic Access Control, and how to configure and use advanced auditing.
- Lesson 1: Planning and implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Lesson 2: Planning and deploying advanced audit policies
Module 12: Planning and protecting data
In this module students will learn how to protect data on a device by using encryption or BitLocker. They will also learn about Enterprise Data Protection and how data can be remotely wiped if a device is lost or stolen.
- Lesson 1: Planning and implementing encryption
- Lesson 2: Planning and implementing BitLocker
- Lesson 3: Protecting data on devices
Module 13: Recovering data and operating systems
In this module students will learn how to plan and implement file recovery and device recovery of Windows 10 devices. They also will learn how to update a Windows 10 device.
- Lesson 1: Planning and implementing file recovery
- Lesson 2: Planning and implementing device recovery
- Lesson 3: Planning and implementing updates
Official Microsoft courseware
Cursus de certification
- MCSE Mobility: Elective exams
- 70-398: Planning for and Managing Devices in the Enterprise
- 70-695: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications
- 70-696: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune
- Lab 1: Planning for device management
- Lab 2: Working with Azure AD and providing access to claims-aware applications
- Lab 3:Synchronizing on-premises AD DS with Azure AD
- Lab 4: Managing devices in Office 365 (Part 1)
- Lab 5: Managing devices in Office 365 (Part 2)
- Lab 6: Planning and implementing Intune.
- Lab 7: Using Microsoft Intune policies to manage devices
- Lab 8: Managing updates and Windows Defender
- Lab 9: Using Intune to deploy and monitor applications
- Lab 10: Using Intune to manage resource access
- Lab 11: Using Azure RMS to protect documents and data
- Lab 12: Publishing and using RemoteApp and Azure RemoteApp
- Lab 13: Configuring and using VPN and Work Folders
- Lab 14: Using Offline Files and OneDrive
- Lab 15 : Implementing secure data access
- Lab 16:Protecting data by using encryption and BitLocker
- Lab 17: Implementing file recovery and device recovery
- Course: 20398: Planning for and Managing Devices in the Enterprise
- Course: 20695: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications
- Course: 20696: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune