This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
Before attending this course, participants should have he following technical knowledge:
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
At course completion
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Know basics on Operational Management in BI Solutions
- Configure BI Components
- Manage Business Intelligence Security
- Deploy BI Solutions
- Log and Monitor in BI Operations
- Troubleshoot BI Solutions
- Tune Performance of BI Queries
This module is designed to set the scene for the rest of the course.
- Lesson 1: Rationale for BI Operations
- Lesson 2: Roles in BI Operations
- Lesson 3: Technologies Used in BI Operations
- Lesson 4: Environment and Operational Standards
Module 2: Configuring BI Components
This module focuses on optimizing the data platforms on which the BI solutions reside, adhering to best practice to meet the requirements of the business.
- Lesson 1: The Importance of Standardized Builds
- Lesson 2: Configuration Considerations for BI Technologies
- Lesson 3: BI Architectures
- Lesson 4: SharePoint BI Environments
Module 3: Managing Business Intelligence Security
This module discusses how managing the security of data within an organization should be the first priority for any operational team.
- Lesson 1: Security Approach to BI Solutions
- Lesson 2: Security Components
- Lesson 3: Security Approach for BI Components
- Lesson 4: The Security Approach in Different BI Environments
Module 4: Deploying BI Solutions
This module helps you to understand the tools that are available and the benefits they offer will help you to pick the right tool for the job and aid deployment.
- Lesson 1: Application Life Cycle Management for BI Solution
- Lesson 2: Stand-Alone Deployments
- Lesson 3: Team-Based Deployments
Module 5: Logging and Monitoring in BI Operations
This module introduces techniques to ensure the continued service of key applications that are used within the business.
- Lesson 1: The Need for Logging and Monitoring
- Lesson 2: Logging Options
- Lesson 3: Monitoring Options
- Lesson 4: Setting Up Alerts
Module 6: Troubleshooting BI Solutions
This module introduces techniques to troubleshoot failed BI operations.
- Lesson 1: Troubleshoot Failed BI Solutions
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting the Data Warehouse
- Lesson 3: Troubleshooting SQL Server Analysis Services
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting SQL Server Reporting Services
Module 7: Performance Tuning BI Queries
This module introduces tuning the query aspects of the BI solution to improve performance.
- Lesson 1: The Need for Performance Tuning
- Lesson 2: BI Queries to Performance Tune
- Lesson 3: Tools for Performance Tuning
- Lesson 4: Remediating Performance Issues
Microsoft Official Courseware
Cursus de certification
Lab 2: Configuring BI Components
Lab 3: Managing Business Intelligence Security
Lab 4: Deploying BI Solutions
Lab 5: Monitoring BI Solutions
Lab 6: Troubleshooting BI Solutions
Lab 7: Performance Tuning a BI Solution
MS-20773: Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R
MS-10990: Analyzing Data with SQL Server Reporting Services
MS-20467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014