This course is intended for:
- Information Technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
- IT professional who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the course prerequisites, and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Engineers who have used DevOps approaches to optimize the management and lifecycle of the software in their organization
In addition to their professional experience, participants who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL) and database schemas
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations.
At course completion
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools and portals
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications
- Deploy and configure websites
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell runbooks
Module 2: Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks
Module 3: Implement Virtual Machines
Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
Module 5: Implementing Websites
Module 6: Planning and Implementing Storage
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data Services
Module 8: Implementing Cloud Services and Mobile Services
Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media Services
Module 10: Implementing Azure Active Directory
Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
Module 12: Implementing Automation