This course is designed to balance theory, practical exercices; and review of current ITIL® implementation.
At the end of this training, candidates will get enough knowledge and understanding to take the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification : Service Strategy examination.
- Pass the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy examination,
- Formalise their experience and analyse their current ITIL® implementation
This includes, amongst others:
- IT directors and managers, technology managers,
- Other managers, supervisors, team managers,
- Designers, architects, planners,
- IT consultants, IT auditors and
- IT security managers and officers.
At course completion
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Have a deeper understanding of ITIL® Service Strategy philosophy, processes and activities
- Develop an heuristic approach to implement ITIL® Service Strategy
- Pass the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy examination
This course prepare to pass the ITIL® Intermediate : Service Strategy exam.
This exam is made of 8 gradient multiple choice questions, lasts 90 minutes with a passing score of 70%.
Each question is scenario based, each question having its own scenario. Each proposed option get a different number of marks (5, 3, 1, 0) depending on how much it fits with the scenario.
If you are a PMP® credential holder, this course gives you 21 PDUs.
Module 2: Service Strategy principles
Module 3: The 5 Service Strategy processes
Module 4: Governance
Module 5: Service Strategy organisation
Module 6: Technological considerations
Module 7: Service Strategy implementation
Module 8: Challenges, success factors and risks
Module 9: Review and exam preparation
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
Printed slides to review and take notes
Official publication (ITIL® Strategy)
Cursus de certification
Following the ITIL® Foundation certificate, this certificate is a complement (3 crédits) to gain 17 crédits required to pass the Manage through the Across the service LifeCycle (MALC) and receive the ITIL® Expert credential. Missing credits will be acquired through other intermediate certificates (see below for a list of possible course to gain credits
These exercices listed here are indicative and may be completed with complementary labs depending on participants' objectives and available time.
Module 1 :
- Why implementing a srevice management?
- Identify inputs from / outputs to other service lifecycle stages
- Develop the two first Ps of Strategy (Perspective and Position)
Module 3 :
- Match activities with their respective categories
- Justify Demand management implementation
- Compare customers' and users' needs
- Create a satisfaction survey
Module 4 :
- Identify service's owner responsibilities
Training: ITIL® Foundation
Training: ITIL® Intermediate Design
Training: ITIL® Intermediate Transition
Training: ITIL® Intermediate Operation
Training: ITIL® Intermediate Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
Training: ITIL® Intermediate Practitioner