This course provides a very good insight into COBIT® 5, including an introduction to the COBIT Assessment Programme using COBIT® 5.
It supports participants to understand approach, issues and challenges of IT governance and good practices in order to create value for the business.
The certification is mandatory to get certified COBIT® 5 Implementer or COBIT® 5 Assessor.
No prerequisite for this course.
At course completion
- Discuss importance of IT management for organizations and benefits business will get using COBIT 5
- Understand governance of enterprise IT and boundaries between governance and management
- Discover COBIT® 5 Product Architecture
- Understand the 5 Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of enterprise IT
- Understand the 7 Enablers of COBIT® 5
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) support the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers
- Discover the basic concepts of the implementation of COBIT 5 and of the new Process Capability Assessment Model (PAM)
- Prepare for and sit the COBIT 5 Foundation exam
- Structure of the COBIT 5 framework
- Business needs and benefits provided by COBIT 5
Analyzing the 5 Principles
- Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs (and clarifying the goals cascade)
- Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to-End
- Principle 3: Applying a Single Integrated Framework
- Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Principle 5: Separating Governance from Management
Investigating the 7 Enablers
- Principles, policies and frameworks
- Organizational structures
- Culture, ethics and behavior
- Services, infrastructure and applications
- People, skills and competencies
The Foundations of COBIT 5 Implementation
- Applying the continual improvement life cycle to enable change
- Integrating the COBIT 5 Process Capability Model
- Scoping and the Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- Implementing a Process Reference Model (PRM) with COBIT 5